Why this blog?

Join me as I share our life as southwest Kansas farmers.

Monday, June 20, 2011

EeeAhhUhhBlzzz

The other morning I came outside about nine to find my older two all wet from putting a hose at the top of the slipper slide and sliding down.  It normally would not have been a big deal except that we needed to go somewhere in the car.  Their jeans were soaked, feet muddy.  I always feel like we have accomplished a huge mountain when everyone is dressed, teeth brushed and hair fixed.  To come outside after feeling like it took extra long to accomplish above tasks...well I blew my cork.
The scene kept replaying in my mind throughout the day as I reflected on my reaction and the Tasmanian Devil from Bugs Bunny came into my mind as to how I must of sounded to my children.  I believe the Lord put that word picture in my mind to kindly let me know that I overreacted.  I am appreciative of my Lord's sense of humor in helping me be a better mother to my children and I recommit myself in dealing as kindly to my children as He has with me.


1 comment:

  1. I can relate; I've reacted the same way. Thanks for the lesson/reminder, with just the right touch of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete